Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Guest Suite Part Uno:Furniture Facelift

So I have been jonesing to revamp our guest bedroom since we moved into our house. However, the wedding planning took precedent before any major house projects could begin. Then, once the wedding was complete, I started to begin projects on our first floor. At any rate, the last week has been dedicated to overhauling the guest bedroom. First on my to do list was to turn our drab dresser and bookcase into something fab. I knew it could be done since we were working with a good foundation.



Here are the before pics......

The drawers that slide into the bookcase are sitting on top of the bookcase in case you are wondering where the random drawers belong that are floating on top....



As I said above, not to shabby.... Now, all I had to do was get my sand on.... Let me tell you, this step took a little longer than I had originally thought, but it was well worth it. Here is the dresser all sanded down.....

Next came the tinted primer. Because I was painting both pieces black, it was important to use a tinted gray primer. This step ensured an even tone of the final color once applied (I applied three coats of primer). By the way, the pics make the primer look sort of purple, but trust me it was really gray.


Just begging for their final coats....



Next, I applied three coats of the final color to ensure even coverage......... And for the big reveal.....



I am so lovin' it! These pieces could not have turned out any better.... It just shows you what a little paint and lots of elbow grease can do.....

Now I just need to get that chair on the right refinished.....There is always something that needs to go done, right?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, there will ALWAYS be something to do as long as you own your own home or have children! It may be crazy at times, but enjoy LIFE at its very best! :-)

    Krys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glamorous! Love the knobs.. they really pop against your newly painted wood. Great job. Thanks for sharing at POPP.

    ReplyDelete