Monday, February 22, 2010

Public Enemy #2: Before and After Foyer Light

Your looking at public enemy #2.  The dreadful brass builder foyer fixture.  Many of you share my pain if your house was built in the 90s.  Our home is full of lots of shiney brass items (door knobs, hinges, lights, etc).  Slowly, I am working through exiling all of this brass.  I first started with our dining room light, and now I am here to give the good heave ho to this foyer fixture. 
My mom taught me to say nothing if I have anything negative to say, so I will just let the pictures speak for themselves.
I have spent about six months looking for an affordable replacement to this beast above. I had found a few options that I liked, but at $500 and $800 a piece, I couldn't stomach spending that much on a light that I was not 100% in love with. Enter Overstock.com..... I spend a decent amount of time looking for various items I am in the market for at Overstock.com each week. One day, I ran across this item pictured below....

I swooned in my computer seat....It is called the Accolade 12-light Chandelier.  It fit the bill for what I was looking for: nickel finish, traditional with some modern lines. Drum roll for the best part..... It was affordable.  At $177.99, it was offered at an attainable price.  It should be illegal to be this well priced, right?  So I got my order on, and received this beauty within 2 days. Score!

Of course since we do not own a ladder, I had the electrician install the new beauty for me.  It was a breeze to install, and was up and ready to illuminate within 15 minutes. :)
Full view...
What a commanding presence it offers. 
Looking up from the door way....



Finally, the night views with all 12 lightbulbs blazing......
Another angle with the dimmer switch in action....
Finally the view looking up with the lights on.....
I am so in love with my purchase.... I am giddy with delight.  Don't you just love when you feel that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment