Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nursery.... Mirror Revamp

I love mirrors.  I love how they make rooms appear more expansive.  Babies love mirrors too, and that is why I have had my eye on a round chunky framed mirror for months for the nursery.  I was really hopeful to find a mirror on Craigslist, or Goodwill, but it just didn't happen for me.  Therefore, I spent a little more than I wanted to at TJ Maxx, and found this beauty below.  Of course the color wasn't exactly what I wanted, but with a little bit of spray paint, I was able to transform this mirror.  So I spent quite a bit of time taping the mirror off preparing it for primer.
Once I got the mirror all taped off, I took my respirator and primer into the garage and coated the mirror with three light coats of primer.  I let each coat dry about 1-1.5 hours between applications.  After my final coat, I let the primer sit for 24 hours before I hit it with the final color. 
 I chose to go with a glossy blue hue.  I have used mainly primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) with touches of green throughout the room.  I thought the room needed a little more blue, and that is why I went with this color.  I am so happy with the end results...... The mirror looks perfect in the room.... Now, I just need to get it on the wall, but I will leave that for another day.  Enjoy the sneak peek of the room's progress from the reflection in the room.  Finally reveal coming in a week or so.....

6 comments:

  1. that is such a fun mirror! i love the glossy blue. thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Can't wait to see pics of it in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the mirror..I was checking out the rest of your blog and saw a post that mentioned the weather. I knew you had to be somewhere near where I was and yep..your from Indiana too.. Good luck with your upcoming birth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun color. Can't wait to see the reveal!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blue! How are the last few weeks going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun mirror!! Definitely great for a nursery! And I love that little pillow I see on the chair in the reflection. Can't wait to see the big reveal...the room and the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete