Monday, October 25, 2010

Draping the Master Bedroom

Our master bedroom has been a work in progress.  What I mean by that, is that we really haven't spent much time or energy on this room.  Although I have spent a lot of time updating and decorating other rooms in our home, I have chosen to leave this room alone.  Part of the reason for this is due to the bonus room that is attached to this room.  Our master is more of a suite, and I just don't know what to do with the bonus room.  Which room should actually hold our bed?  Should I make the other room a sitting room?  Because the possibilities are endless, I just haven't had a lot of confidence to do any sort of painting or purchasing extra furniture until I am sure of what I want to do with the space.  I definitely want to purchase a headboard soon, but I am just not sure what I want..... So I have just sort of waited...

However, now that I am getting ready for baby number one, the one thing I needed to accomplish was creating more darkness during the day in this room and possibly have properties that eliminate noise.  Because I know that soon I will be trying to sleep whenever my little one is sleeping.  Therefore, I decided to hang black-out drapes.  Initially I had a hard time deciding what color to go with since I know that in the coming months, most likely I will start decorating this room.

Before #1
Before #2
Initially I had a hard time deciding what color to go with since I know that in the coming months, most likely I will start decorating this room.  I wanted to make an investment in something I could hopefully use in the room down the road.  Therefore, I went with an ivory/blushy blackout silk option from Bed Bath & Beyond.  It goes with our bedding as of today, and I think it will work with whatever we choose in the future.
 After

Overall, I am extremely happy with my additions.  I am most pleased that the room is extremely dark regardless of the time of the day.  I am hopeful this will help be get some extra sleep in the coming weeks.



2 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes, what a difference! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the change. I am always amazed how drapes can soften a room. I am a new follower. Come check out what I am doing in my home.
    http://www.littlebluechairs.com/

    ReplyDelete