Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy to be Flush!

You might be noticing a theme with the blog the last week.... Offending fans and lights are being replaced.


Here is another case that has been corrected. You see, the orginally fan in our kitchen prodded over 18 inches from the ceiling. It always made me feel like it was caving in on me. I know this sounds silly especially since I am a on the shorter side of life, but it has always bothered me. Case in point below....
I also was not a "fan" of the leaf design on the fan blades. I like streamlined unadorned items, and this just wasn't my style.
I needed to keep a ceiling fan in this room because it is practical for this space. You see, this room gets very steamy when the evening sun streams in, and the fan is a great option to cool things down.
I hit up Lumens.com for my new fan replacement. I have been obessing over the Concept II Flush 52 Ceiling Fan with Optional Light. I have been in love with this fan for some months now, but the rub is that it did not come in the black finish I wanted. It is avialble in ORB (oil rubbed bronze) with taupe, but upon speaking with the customer service reps at Lumens (they are fab) I realized that the ORB was much more medium brown than the dark brown/black I was seeking. The price tag was a bit steep at about $300 to not get what I wanted. Therefore, I keep shopping since the ORB was not an option, and I did not want the brushed nickel finish because we have so much stainless steel appliances. However, I kept coming back to the Concept II fan. It was the look I wanted exactly. Then I did something unexpected, I changed my mind. I ordered the fan in the brushed nickel finish, and I am so happy I did.
It looks perfect!
Here is a view of the kitchen with all the appliances with it. I think the finish of the fan is a nice compliment, and is not an over use of the stainless steel/ brushed nickel finish.
I am so happy to be flush! No longer is the fan caving in on me!  I am also pleased to report that I was able to sell the white beauty on Craigslist too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment