Thursday, July 29, 2010

Master Bath Reno: Part 4- Hardware Selection

Our bathroom was in desperate need of updated shower and roman tub trim.  We still had the builder grade versions of both, and the roman tub trim has been flaking it's brassy metal pieces all over the place for a few months. 
The shower trim was funtional, but just did not look great especially once the beautiful brushed nickel shower door was in place.
Therefore, I have been on the lookout for some replacement pieces.  I had consulted with our favorite plumber since my husband and I are not well versed in plumbing.  Our plumber advised us to stay with Delta pieces as we were replacing Delta pieces, and I guess this would ensure that everything would fit correctly.  I am not sure if this is 100% accurate, but since we ended up special ordering the pieces, I went with his advice.

I searched Delta's website for some time.  I wanted to select replacement pieces that were functional, and not fussy.  Initially I was planning on selecting the Windemere collection (see pic below) as we already had these faucets at our sinks in brushed nickel, but I just did not like the the handle on these sinks.  They were okay enough, but they just were not my style (see below), and I wanted something I loved for my master bath.  The Delta gods helped me along as they do not offer all of the pieces I needed in the brushed nickel finish I required.  Therefore, I had a big decision: 1) replace the shower and trim pieces with a different collection than the faucets or 2) start anew......

After thoughtful consideration, I decided to start anew, and get new faucets too.  My decision was highly influenced by the Two-Handle Widespread Lavatory Faucet option in the Orleans Collection.  I just loved it, and kept coming back to it.  I had contemplated purchasing the Orleans shower and roman tub trim, and leaving the faucets as is, but I knew this would drive me nuts.  I just love the lines, and think it will be perfect in our bath.  I choose the Brillance Stainless which is indestructable (the finish flaking off with be a thing of the past).
Here is the corresponding Orleans Roman tub trim:
Here is the corresponding Orleans shower trim:
As I mentioned above, we needed to special order our pieces as they were not available in stock in our area.  It will take about a week to a week and a half before they arrive resulting in me daydreaming on what the final product will look like in my bath.  I am just tickled with my selections.

Stay tuned for after pictures......

No comments:

Post a Comment